interface

[ Edited ]
2 weeks ago

Hi all,

>show interfaces xe-1/0/2 extensive
error: device xe-1/0/2 not found

>show interfaces ge-1/0/2 terse
error: device ge-1/0/2 not found

As you see that it says device (sfp) not found... Is the reason that some one accidentally execute the Junos cli of  #delete interfaces xe-1/0/2 or?

Further I checked and there was no device(sfp) on the |fpc 1|pic 0|port 2|  from the junos cli of > sh chassis hardware detail.

Any ideas how to understand when physically device(sfp) was removed or not ?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Routing

Re: interface

2 weeks ago

Hi Arix,

The show command is for interface xe-1/0/2 and the output error is for xe-1/0/12.

Please check if you are using the correct interface. Also, can you share show chassis hardware o/p?

Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Highlighted
Routing

2 weeks ago

Hello Arix,

> show interfaces terse - This command will give us information on the status of the interface.

re0> show interfaces terse
Interface Admin Link Proto Local Remote
mams-1/0/0 up up
ms-1/0/0 up up
pc-1/0/0 up up

In your scenario, was the xe-1/0/2  interface present anytime before?

I hope this helps. Please mark this post "Accept as solution" if this answers your query.

Kudos are always appreciated! Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Lingabasappa H

Highlighted
Routing

2 weeks ago

yes it was present before....

Highlighted
Routing

2 weeks ago

Hi Arix,

If the SFP is connected to the I/O card then for sure it has to be present in show chassis hardware output. If you can't see the same in the output of "show chassis hardware" then the port in I/O card might be faulty or the SFP would have went bad.

Try inserting the SFP on a different port and check whether it is detecting or not.

Any ideas how to understand when physically device(sfp) was removed or not ? - - - In order to determine whether the SFP is connected earlier, please check the chassisd logs for removal and insertion of the modules.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
Routing

2 weeks ago

Hello Arix,

Please share the "show chassis hardware detail" output and 

>As suggested earlier try to re-seat the optics and if that doesn't work, try to insert the optics in another port and see if it works well.

show interfaces diagnostics optics <interface name>  -- This to check if the optics[SFP] has any issues.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/command-summary/show-interfaces-d...

show log inventory  >> This command helps to know which all FRU's are inserted/removed from the device.

show log chassisd  >> This command will help us know if the optics has been removed or was present before.

I hope this helps. 

Kudos are always appreciated! Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Lingabasappa H

Highlighted
Routing

2 weeks ago

another command to check the optics recognized by the system

show chassis pic fpc-slot 1 pic-slot 0

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
http://puluka.com/home
Feedback