Junos
Highlighted
Junos

EX2300 PoE+ switch ports issue

2 weeks ago

Hello guys,

Recently I set up new APs and new Juniper EX2300 PoE+ switch. Later I got many Wi-Fi user complaints about unstable Wi-Fi connection. I pinged APs IP addresses and monitored switch ports' real-time log messages simultaneously. And I discovered that switch ports connected to APs are downed and got too many logs showing PoE related errors. Wireless APs are disconnected from the controller and clients go offline. After a few seconds ( may take 10 or more seconds), switch ports are up again and work normally. This issue happens again and again, at least twice a day. You could see log file as an attachment. I am looking forward to you guys' great tips and advice. Thanks.

Attachments

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Junos

Re: EX2300 PoE+ switch ports issue

2 weeks ago

Hello Nay,

Based on the logs, it looks like the device is restarted on its own due to some condition - dc-pfe: hardware_reset: Triggering planned restart

Post that we can see CHASSISD_IPC_CONNECTION_DROPPED which can due to multiple reasons - https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB18823

However, at the start of these events, I can see the following line - kernel: jlock hog detected: jlock acquired for 10450. As per the following PR, the jlock hog is seen after issuing the command "restart routing immediately" - https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1389809

This issue needs more investigation and logs before the jlock hog.

Thanks,
π00bm@$t€®.
Please, Mark My Solution Accepted if it Helped, Kudos are Appreciated too!!!
Highlighted
Junos

Re: EX2300 PoE+ switch ports issue

2 weeks ago

Hello NoobMaster,

Thanks a million for your kind response. I will definitely test those commands described in your links. Actually I downgraded switch default Junos and firmware to older version because default firmware/Junos version was not compatible with my APs firmware. How about If I will upgrade PoE firmware to a newer version? How do you think, bro? If you need more detailed log and info, please let me know. I really appreciate your help and support. Thank you again and stay safe. Have a good day!

Feedback